Sunday 18 February 2007

My Five Favourite Quotes

Simmo requested I do this. His quotes were all classy and shit. Mine won't be. They probably aren't even my fave quotes but here we go:

1) V For Vendetta
VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves V into poster on wall] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. [giggles] Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

2) Cannibal!: The Musical
Probably the most important thing is that when things get really bad and the world looks its darkest, you just have to throw up your hands and say "Well, alright!" cause it's probably gonna get a whole hell of a lot worse.

3) Scrubs (How do you choose just one?)
What? The Todd apprieciates hot...regardless of gender.

4) Kill Bill Vol 2
Looked dead, didn't I? But I wasn't. But it wasn't from lack of trying, I can tell you that. Actually, Bill's last bullet put me in a coma - A coma I was to lie in for four years. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a 'roaring rampage of revenge.' I roared. And I rampaged. And I got bloody satisfaction. I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point, but I have only one more. The last one. The one I'm driving to right now. The only one left. And when I arrive at my destination, I am gonna kill Bill.

5) Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

1 comment:

Arthur_Vandelay said...

The best LOTR quote comes from Gollum:

"Smeagol has to take what's given him. He was given that name ['sneak'] by kind Master Samwise: the hobbit that knows so much."

Boo-ya!

(It's even funnier when you read it in context. And it's in the book, not the movies.)