Tuesday 21 November 2006

How 'Thats Gold' was created...

I first heard the phrase 'That's Gold' when I was working at Pingelly District High School in 2005. Most schools have a Wooden Duck award for staff members who basically do something really stupid and embarrassing. At Pingelly it was the 'That's Gold' award and whilst I was there only one teacher got it (thankfully it wasn't me). After my term in Pingelly I was sent to a school in Perth to finish the year. This meant my friends and I could finally get a house to rent together. In the first few days of living together we noticed just how many stupid things we each do that are rather hilarious to those watching. Inspired by my time at Pingelly I suggested we have our own house 'That's Gold' were we could chronicle some of the random acts of amusement that took place. There has been many recipricants of the That's Gold award - myself (Kellie), Simon (SuperSimmo), Aaron, Jon, Suzy, Stephen, Sam and Jody. Those of you who went to our house in Greenwood would recall seeing the 'That's Gold' awards loving displayed on our quite unstable pantry cupboard. In our new house the cupboard is in a storeroom so I've decided to post our 'That's Gold' moments so they can be remembered and enjoyed by many.
Here are some of our very first 'That's Gold' moments:
  • The Best of Ricky Martin CD - Simon's Favourite
  • "How do you eject?" - Jon
  • "Is it okay for me to use a saucepan on a gas stove?" - Aaron (an absolutely classic quote)
  • "Hey guess what...you can't break sausages when they're frozen!" - Aaron (another quality quote)
  • Stephen's SHAGGY tape
  • "Andrew the pug ficker" - Suzy

3 comments:

Simmo said...

Love the new blog, by the way thanyou for leaving out the 'day the firetruck turned up' that's gold moment.

yepthatsgold said...

No sorry but that one will be going up... probably with the photo too :)

carls said...

oh benny

your blog is so perfect!! spectacular in everyway :P yeah

you need pictures of tacos and burritos.

hugs and kisses on your pink bits

love hennifer hopez